Sunday, December 16, 2007

Covergirl Queen Collection: Reviews



So I tried Queen Latifah's The Covergirl Queen Collection, which was created for women of color to match the shades of our skin without masking our natural beauty. This is fabulous because I have to mix mine to match my skintone. The foundation looks lightweight and creamy, but I was unable to try it due to my extremely fair skin. I did use the volume mascara this weekend and my lashes really looked cute. Because I wear individual and strip lashes often, I don't have much of my own anymore. This mascara did the duty, but I don't know about 5 times the volume. The packaging is pretty though.

I am definitey loving the copper bliss lipgloss. I don't wear a lot of makeup unless I have a show, but I MUST have lashes and gloss even if I am grocery shopping. It's not sticky and it has a subtle sparkle and kissable shine...and oh yes I am going to wear this gloss everyday. MUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!


Love the motto too

"Every woman is a Queen, so let beauty reign"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH SURE.. LOLOLOL.. What Ever with this cheap arse makeup ! Lips shine like chicken grease, foundation that will make u break out like the queen you are, mascara that is cheap as hell . YUCK . Proctor & Gamble try a little harder next time. And Queen L " We dont believe you , you need more people. :)


HEY LAY ... YOU know you need to stop with this cheap sh*t. You lost 25 haute points for this one !
But I still Love YA ..

Unknown said...

Well "Millionairess" ALL women can't afford H Couture Beauty at $1589 a pop for iced out mascara and lippies with personal concierge service. lol. I still love you MEAN GIRL. lol

Anonymous said...

Its not about being able to afford , its about hawking cheap sh*t. Simple as that . I am sick of marketers trying to get the brown dollar with gimmicks.. Its none sense . You want affordable wear cheap wednesdays . Go to Barneys , PLENTY of brands under $50 dollars . Again .. Royalty does not wear cheap arse makeup. Simple as that ! And is TSVHBG group .. And mean ? no never. Just dont beat me in my head with the cheap sh*t. LOLOLOL. QUEEN COLLECTION ... get the Fluck outta here...

Anonymous said...

ts not about being able to afford , its about hawking cheap sh*t. Simple as that . I am sick of marketers trying to get the brown dollar with gimmicks.. Its none sense . You want affordable wear cheap wednesdays, its pro grade minus the razzle dazzle . Go to Barneys , PLENTY of brands under $50 dollars . Again .. Royalty does not wear cheap arse makeup. Simple as that ! Mean ? no never. Just don't beat me in my head with the cheap sh*t. LOLOLOL. QUEEN COLLECTION ... get the Fluck outta here...

Hey Lay , when are you coming to NYC ???

KeShaJo said...

Girl, okay let me put my dent into this because I am one helluva skincare junky! I'm not a makeup whore BUT, I've had a few one-night-stands with a several MakeUp giants who markup the cost, but never make up for it in the product! The QUEEN COLLECTION, sad to say Latifah is a waste of commercial dollars. The ad giants didn't do a good job with their focus group. MAC, well let me just say, I'm not impressed (when it comes to foundation)! Sorry, I hope a parade of "what's" didn't just transpire, but it's the truth. Their foundation is whack! I do not want to look like I need a shovel to get my makeup off! I use LOREAL True Match in Creme Cafe, the powder in Classic Tan or Cappuccino & I recently got HIP and opted for the Loreal HIP collection. Much to my surprise, I found way better coverage than I have with dozens of other department store brands. Unless you have Pat McGrath in your back pocket ready to apply her own customized foundation, you can hang it up with a one-size-fits-all foundation. But as for department store brands, they're cool, but honestly finding a great foundation is hard work! And my hard work, finally paid off!

Anonymous said...

Drug store brands NEVER! And most Department store brands lets say 98% of them don't cut the cheese etha! :).

Anonymous said...

thanks for all these advise i will never buy this product